recently, i had a problem with an internet banking transaction i made through east-west bank. i sent them an e-mail, as follows:
To Whom It May Concern:
I am Myra Lyn Manialong, an East-West Bank account holder. I had a problem with your Net Access, which I raised to your Customer Service team last April 27. Here's a detailed account of my problem:
April 13.
I paid a Globe Handyphone bill via Net Access:
*insert transaction details here
This Globe Handyphone account is not actually mine, but my friend's. I paid her bill for her because it is more convenient online. Anyway, East West does not have any limitations on how many Globe Handyphone accounts to enroll online.
Between April 13 and 27.
Globe has been following up payment from my friend, which I supposedly paid already last April 13 with the abovementioned details. Globe claimed that no payment was posted on their side.
April 27.
I went to East West Bank Shaw Pasig Branch and raised this problem. The customer representative there, whose name, I wasn't able to catch, could not answer my inquiries and just asked me to call the following telephone numbers and look for Jen/ Jeng: 830-8797, 830-8798.
I called that same day, but both phone lines have static interruption (I am sure it is East West's phone because I used 2 different landline telephones, 1 PLDT, 1 Globe and both yielded bad reception). From what I got from the bits of information exchanged with Jen/ Jeng was that, there were no errors on my transaction, and in fact, my account was correctly debited P2,000.
Since the reception is very bad, I was not able to ask any more details about this incident, and just asked my friend to wait for her next bill to see if it is already reflected.
May 18.
More than a month after my Net Access payment, I received my own Globe Handyphone bill, and was surprised that I don't owe them anything this month. In fact, they owe me, and I still have credits based on the payment S I made last month, which includes an online East West Bank transaction dated April 13, amounting to P2,000.
I have concluded therefore that the error was made by East West. I do not understand why an electronic transaction will yield a very manual-like error. Is this how you do it? Accept transactions online and manually pay Globe, without any electronic verifications? Now, my friend is having trouble with her cellphone bill, especially, she is now 2 months behind her payment. She has been submitting the web receipt to Globe too, but still, Globe has not received any payment, and therefore, their hands are tied as well.
Please review all your transactions, and please provide a quick, formal, and detailed explanation of this incident from your end. Minor as it may seem to some, this incident has caused a big inconvenience on our part. Please try your best to regain the confidence I have on your online banking facility.
Thank you very much.
yesterday, i received an e-mail from the manager of east-west shaw-pasig saying that they are thoroughly investigating the incident, and that she said that all their records are correct, and are in tune with the details i presented them. no manual transactions were done too, everything was via electronic transfer. if this is true, then it must be globe's error. scrolling down the e-mail, i was surprised to see a long thread among several east-west bank employees who are thoroughly investigating the matter. man, were they worried or what!
just a few minutes ago, i got a call from the assistant vp of the training and development division, and she explained this to me personally. she said that this is the first time that they have encountered this kind of problem. she also said that she can send me a report that we can show globe so everything will be settled. i agreed, and our conversation ended well. she said also that she hopes that i would not lose trust in their facility and that i would continue using it.
i just want to commend east-west bank for all their efforts and professionalism in handling my complaint. now that's what i call great service.
take note. i still consider their facility as the best in the banking industry.
No comments:
Post a Comment